15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner
Here it is, your perfect busy day dinner recipe! 15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner gives you chicken, rice and veggies, all in one skillet, all in 15 minutes, start to finish. It also uses ingredients you usually have on hand, so there’s no need to make a late grocery run! Start by browning some chicken breasts, then add condensed cream of chicken soup, water, instant rice and broccoli to the skillet. Just make sure you’re using instant rice so it cooks quickly! You can even use instant brown rice- see the tip below for how. This 15-Minute Chicken & Rice Dinner recipe is so quick and easy, no one will even have time to ask, What’s for dinner?
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 small or 2 large cut in half lengthwise for thinner pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup or Condensed Unsalted Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups uncooked instant white rice (for creamier rice, decrease to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets (about 6 ounces)
Tip: If preparing using Unsalted Cream of Chicken you can add salt to taste. Our test kitchen found that 1/4 teaspoon of salt enhanced the flavor of the recipe and contributes an additional 147.5 mg of sodium per serving, but you can add less or more to make it right for you.See more
Step 1 Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides (to prevent sticking- make sure the skillet and oil are hot before adding the chicken). Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Step 2 Stir the soup, water and paprika in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice and broccoli. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with additional paprika. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is done and the rice is tender. Season to taste before serving.